Saturday, September 25, 2010

Week 5

I started my kids on some independent work this week. They now have 2 hrs and 4 subjects they do on their own. I looked up some daily planning sheets online and came up with a plan. They do typing, spelling words, reading and scripture on their own. They write down the time they started and finished and write down what they did, as in pages read or which spelling words they memorized. It seems to be working because they get to pick the subjects and how they want to do them. I love it because it gives me a little time to plan a science project or art or just some quality time with my 4 year old. I don't hear, "What's next mom" all morning long! When they are done with their independent work we get together for math and history and read aloud time.





This week we started going over how to read maps and had a Christopher Columbus lesson. We finished reading about Brazil and the climate zones.....


but on Friday we celebrated my oldest son's 12th birthday :) NO SCHOOL!!!

He's the best kid!!

No comments:

Post a Comment