Friday, September 3, 2010

week 2

We are getting down a pretty good routine around here, our second week went really well.




We started science this week. I bought them all a magnifying glass, and it didn't take very long for my boys to figure out how to burn leaves with them. :) this was NOT our lesson! We actually separated light rays into a rainbow. It was really cool. ( but apparently not as cool as making fire.) :)


We are still on our unit about the United States. I bought a neat game called Jingo. It's like Bingo with the cards having states instead of numbers, and you have to answer trivia questions about a state. It's fun to play.



We took school pics this week, a couple turned out to be keepers.






I bought little dry erase boards for everyone this week. We used them in the car on days I had to run errands. They would write out sentences and do math problems. Much easier than bringing paper and leaving a mess behind to clean up.
My daughter used hers for art. :)
Another fun thing we did this week was buy an alphabet sign language chart. We used it during our spelling lessons. I use Abeka spelling and poetry, they use a spell -say- spell technique. I thought it would add a little spice to our time. They started using it for everything.....I'm glad I got it.
I'm posting this on Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers website. I love to see everyone's week, it gives me such motivation. Go check out other homeschoolers....
http://www.weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers.com/2010/09/weekly-wrap-up-one-with-all-blood.html





2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good week! I remember burning leaves when I was a kid. We have lots of little white boards around our house - my son uses them for spelling and math.

    ReplyDelete