Saturday, September 18, 2010

Week 4

I pulled out some old school books that somebody gave me years ago and thought it would be a good read aloud for them, turned out to be a huge lesson on climate, weather, the 5 zones ( Tropical, north and south Temperate, north and south Frigid) The Arctic Circle, Antarctic Circle, the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn and the Equator. Whew!

We read about Brazil and growing coffee beans and the Rain Forrest, this was all in chapter 1!

My kids love read aloud time because I let them build with their Lego's while I read. I guess they think they are getting away with something, but I've learned little boys need to keep their little hands occupied ALL the time!



I had some balloons left over from my son's birthday party so we used a marker and labeled all the zones on them. We used it for review during the week.



Typing has been fun for both boys. Dylan is up to 7 words a minute and Dawson liked to show me how he can type in his google search word without looking at the keyboard. :)



We went to the library and checked out books about States, and Abe Lincoln. We were able to have a picnic on our back porch and read our books in the breeze. I love this fall weather!



Our science project this week was fun. We separated ink colors with salt water. Black ink has blue and green colors in it. If you write on a paper towel with a felt tip pen, let it dry, then put some drops of salt water on it, you can watch the other colors separate from the black color.



Other than that it's just been math review and spelling words and such. Pretty good week!



I will link this post to Weird, Unsocialized homeschoolers site, go see other weekly wrap ups there!


http://www.weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers.com/2010/09/weekly-wrap-up-one-with-birthday.html

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of that ink experiment before. We'll have to try it.
    Janet W
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/wdworkman/

    ReplyDelete