Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Week 8

We started off Monday with a Columbus Day mini unit. I printed out word searches and coloring pages to keep little ones occupied. We have studied Columbus last year, it was pretty much review. The boys drew a map of the New World on a huge piece of paper. We might get to painting it this week. :)
We are still focusing on writing and math, both are coming along pretty good.


I find myself reviewing the past weeks and wondering what needs to be changed to be more efficient in our lessons.
#1. I need to learn to balance all 3 grades better. It's hard for me to go from fractions to crafts.

#2. I love unit studies, hate to prepare them. I'm never 100% ready, usually waiting for a couple books from the library or last minute printing out a copywork sheet.

#3. Organize! I think I've tried it every way possible. I've put the kids stuff together by grade, I've put it together by subject, I've put things on shelves, I've put them in baskets, I've labeled clear bins, I've used colored drawers! I spent way to much time the other day looking for our stapler in my "craft" section, when I finally found it in my desk drawer with the 3 ring punch and "office supplies". #gofigure


Some things are going great! It's the best year we've had in a long time. I love our History and Geography read aloud time, such great books out there to read to your kids. Of course, Five in a Row is Caitlin's favorite thing to do and the boys like to listen in as well. :)

Hope you are having some great school days too!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I hate those weeks where I haven't taken the time to get organized. I spend my whole day running back and forth from the kitchen to the office pulling things off the printer. Drive me nuts!

    ReplyDelete