Friday, October 28, 2011

week 10

Week 10! This week we did some things differently. First was a change in our diet. I made the kids a high protein breakfast to start the day. I'm trying to see if it helps on our focus problems that we have around here. Dawson even has a small amount of black coffee. I mean small as in a couple tablespoons, just enough to keep alert for the morning.
We did some changes in our daily routine too. I didn't do a bunch of subjects in a day. I brought it way down. In fact, one day all we did was math. We accomplished so much doing this that I'm planning some math workshops to do every couple weeks. We will do math right up to lunch, and then change subjects. They seemed to soak it all in better this way.
I was thinking about taking a fall break for a week. I know the kids would love it but I have a feeling that when December rolls around we will have enough unscheduled days off. It always happens, might as well accept it.
We did some creative writing this week that turned out pretty good. They still don't like to write, but it's getting a little easier and less painful to complete. :)
Today was a Park Day for us. Our home school group met and put together shoe boxes for Christmas. We gathered supplies and filled plastic shoe boxes with all kinds of neat toys and things for kids overseas. It's always fun to get together with the other moms.
Hope your week went great!

No comments:

Post a Comment