Thursday, September 29, 2011

change in plans....

O.k. this week is not going as planned, but not a total loss.

We went out early in the week to get our plants for the butterfly habitat. I couldn't find the host plants that were on the list to get. It was there in the store my boys were sharing they could care less about the whole butterfly thing. We had watched an online video from the library about the Monarch Butterflies and I'm guessing they thought it was for girls.

We ended up reading about Johnny Appleseed. (180 Creative Ideas book) I found some great e-books from the library and we are going to read these along with this mini unit...




A tall tale about the pioneers.... more mapping :)





A true story about fleeing from Vietnam....


We finished some pages from our math workbooks. I'm looking into Life Of Fred for the boys. I showed them a sample of it and they begged me to get it for them. Can you believe they actually want a math book!? funny......


We also learned about George Gershwin. We listened to Rhapsody in Blue on our Fantasia 2000 DVD and watched An American In Paris online. We got out our map and found Russia because his parents were Russian immigrants and we thought it was fun to find out he was born almost 100 years before my oldest son. This unit ties in with September being National Piano Month. Pretty fun :)


1 comment:

  1. My son did LOF last year (Decimals and Percents, Fractions, and Pre-Algebra with Biology .... that I have for sale, btw). This year we switched to Teaching Textbooks. After about a week, we ordered LOF Beginning Algebra and he's back at it. LOF is definitely for us!!!!

    ReplyDelete